Meditation is getting quite popular today and probably you have heard about it, felt curious but never tried it before. You may want to know what are the meditation basic steps so you can start doing it right now. Well, you are for sure in the right place to learn the basic steps for meditation. In 3 easy steps, you’ll learn how to follow a basic meditation and give to your life the best of this method.
First, let’s clarify what meditation is not:
- To meditate is not to think. You don’t need to reflect.
- To meditate is not to abandon what you are doing.
Briefly, what is meditation?
- Meditation is a moment of peace and ease to your mind and soul where nothing is more important than letting yourself be.
- Meditation is to clear your mind from every kind of thoughts.
- Meditation is merging yourself with the “right-now” moment. It means to be conscious about what is going on in the exact moment you are practicing it.
In other words, you don’t need to leave what you were doing in order to meditate. You are able to meditate anywhere at any moment. All you need is your mind free of thoughts.
Does it sound hard or confusing? Not anymore because that’s the role of this post. Here, there are 3 easy steps to follow to get into that peaceful state at any moment of your day.
2 tips to have in mind before moving to the meditation basic steps:
1. Find a comfortable position. If you thought you needed to put yourself upside down or do some other advance yoga pose, let me give you the good news! You don’t! All you need to do is align your body in relationship with your spine. Sitting or laying, it doesn’t matter. Simply feel comfortable.
2. Define your meditation time. If you are a beginner, start meditating few minutes; 3-5 minutes are fine. You can even meditate 1 single minute because if you do it right, it will make a big difference in your day.
Meditation basic steps – 1, 2, 3!
1. Start your timer and softly close your eyes.
2. Start inhaling and exhaling deeply. Free your mind of thoughts. Just concentrate on creating an “inhale-exhale” rhythm throughout the time you defined. Keep on doing it.
3. When the time is over, smile and thank for the moment you went through. Open your eyes softly.
Really? What else?
Well… nothing more. You don’t need more than freeing your mind and here you just learned the 3 basic steps to do a good meditation. Incorporate meditation in your everyday. I highly recommend to make it part of your schedule. Do it as soon as you wake up, in the middle of stressful routines, before going to bed. Dare to try it and you’ll see the great direction your day takes right after it.
You may be thinking…
Yes, it is so basic. But that’s is essentially what we need to meditate. I know there are different type of meditations purposes, visualizations, poses, rituals and more. But this basic part of freeing your mind is not only the most important but the hardest one. If you get to free your mind from all kind of things, you can successfully move forward.
What is this good for?
This is a great method to reconnect yourself with your higher self. To breath calm, peace, inspiration and fulfill your mind and soul with positive energy to feel great throughout your day. Our minds are polluted with so many things: work and family issues, plans, goals, worries, diseases and more. By freeing your mind you come back to the basic state of “be” instead of “think”.
Thank you so much for reading the basic steps for meditation and thanks for your unconditional support!
Have you ever meditated? What’s your experience with it? Please do let me know your thoughts about meditation. I’ll be happily reading all your replies and will get back to you asap!
Love and joy,