Never thought these vegetarian lentil burgers would make me fall in love like this!
How are you doing this week folks? Today I will explain in a very easy and healthy way how to make the vegetarian lentil burgers. I will write down the recipe of the lentil mix that will allow you to make not only vegetarian lentil burgers but vegetarian meat balls, vegetarian meatloaf and everything you can think of that is made of ground beef.
I got to confess that I never expected the vegetarian lentil burgers to be so delicious. And they are. I made it at home a couple of days ago and everyone was so surprised by the results. And now that I’m every time more avoiding red meats, this is a great solution since lentils are high in iron and protein. If your hemoglobin levels are a little low, you’d like to put them up but you are avoiding red meats as well, let me tell you… this vegetarian lentil burgers recipe is the solution!
What do we need for the vegetarian lentil burgers?
- 1 cup of raw lentils
- 3/4 cup of cut/rolled oats
- 1 big carrot (finely grated)
- 1/2 big onion (finely grated)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (Preferably whole-grain to keep it healthy)
- 1 egg (For vegan mix flax seed and water)
- 4 tbsp of black sauce/soy sauce/ or your favorite meat seasoning sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How do we make the vegetarian lentil burgers?
- Bring to boil the cup of lentils into 3 cups of water.
- When boiling, turn down the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the lentils and set aside.
- This is the mix-everything-moment. In a big bowl put the rest of ingredients and add the lentils.
- Mix it all until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- Form the patties as you want them to be. If you’re truly preparing a hamburger, make sure the size is appropriate for the bun.
- This is the grilling moment. As I always suggest: use wisely the kitchen oils. Pour few oil drops into the pan you’re going to use and spread equally the oil with a piece of napkin. Remove any excess of oil.
- WHY? You don’t want to fry them. You just need a bit of oil to avoid the patties stick to the pan.
Grilling tip: make sure the pan is hot enough when you put the vegetarian lentil burgers. Then cook at medium heat.
SERVE AND EAT!
They are so easy to do!! And so yummy! I got this recipe originally from Vegan In The Freezer Blog. I made my own variations to make it even easier to do.
You can do many variations to the vegetarian lentil burgers. You can add many things to give them your own twist. For example, what about some vegetarian lentil burgers with mushrooms? Or with your favorite seeds? Or nuts? It is up to you! Remember cooking is a matter of creativity!
Remember this mix is good for any preparation. You’ll see what I’m talking about once you make it.
Have you tried or made vegetarian lentil burgers before? What do you think of these ones? Give them a try and leave me a reply!